This year National Falls Prevention Awareness Week is September 21-25. The National Falls Prevention Awareness Week is designed to raise awareness how to prevent falls among older adults. There are multiple virtual events,and a new falls risk assessment to raise awareness about falls prevention.
Community Medical Center, in Missoula, will be hosting a Falls Prevention Webinar
Mary Thane, PT; Emily Hurst, SPT; and Tove Elvrom will be presenting on strategies to decrease the risk of falling.
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 1 pm
- Registration is required. Click to register for the Falls Prevention Webinar
National Council on Aging (NCOA) is hosting a Facebook Live Event
o Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 4:30pm MST (English) - Facebook Live announcement
Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 4:30pm MST (Spanish) - Facebook Live announcement
Falls Free CheckUp
The NCOA created a Falls Free CheckUp - The Falls Free CheckUp is a self-assessment tool for anyone to complete to gage their risk of falling.
- The checkup has 12 questions, which should take about 5-minutes to complete.
- Once an individual completes the questionnaire, they will be given their results on their potential risk for falling.
- Individuals will have the opportunity to print or email their results to share with their health care providers.
Falls Prevention Videos
- Falls prevention video playlist, available on YouTube.