Volunteering at Community Medical Center is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people in our community. It is extremely important and fulfilling work – everyone representing our organization has an impact on the experiences of our patients, families and guests.
Volunteers are asked to fill out an application form, complete a background check and be up to date on vaccinations. CMC will pay for your background check and any needed vaccinations. Volunteers are also required to attend a 1.5-day orientation that will help you understand CMC’s culture and improve your success at the hospital.
Our volunteer needs change regularly, so please check back for new opportunities.
- Gift shop – Assists customers with purchases, handles transactions, stocks selves, handles flower orders, cards and baby gifts.
- Mail – Sort mail for administrative office. Volunteer will need to dedicate an hour a day in the morning, Monday-Friday.
- Escort and Errand Volunteer – Escorts patients, family members and visitors to their desired locations.
- Clerical – Providing clerical support to various departments in the hospital.
- Emergency Department Volunteer (~3 hours per week, Friday, Saturday or Sunday depending on need) – Emergency room volunteer to help fill ER supplies, take warm blankets to patients, get wheelchairs and other duties as necessary.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities or are interested in volunteering in another way, please call Julie Emnett at 406-327-4565 to receive a packet.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Community Medical Center.