Have you considered a heart assessment?
Every year, more Americans die from heart-related conditions than from any other cause. Sadly, many people don't even realize their heart is at risk until a major event like a heart attack. When you act early to check your heart health, we're in a better position to catch potential issues and work together to make a plan to keep you healthy for the long run.
Heart health involves much more than just your heart: blood pressure, cholesterol levels, family history, and other factors all play a role in keeping your heart strong. By learning about your health history and running a variety of tests, we're able to get a full picture of your heart health. While some heart problems come with noticeable symptoms, others may go undetected without the right medical testing. That's why heart screenings are so important.
Have some questions but aren't sure where to begin? Give us a call to request an appointment with a cardiologist – (406) 728-4646.
We're here to walk you through every step of the process. At Billings Clinic Heart and Vascular at Community Medical Center, we are glad to get you the information you need to reduce your risk of a heart attack.
Services and Procedures
Billings Clinic Heart and Vascular is part of Community Medical Center. All our medical providers live and work in Missoula. We also offer a cardiology clinic in the Community Physician Group - Stevensville Family Medicine office each week for patients who live in the Bitterroot Valley along with outreach clinics in Ronan and Deer Lodge. Our cardiologists offer diagnostic testing to determine heart disease, echocardiography, cardiac stress testing, nuclear cardiology, angiography and pacemaker device management. Procecural services include coronary intervention, pacemaker implantation, peripheral vascular intervention and cryoablations for Afib. We also offer personalized, small class cardiac rehabilitation to anyone who has had a heart attack or been diagnosed with heart disease.
Non-invasive visits can be scheduled in Missoula, Stevensville, Ronan or Deer Lodge. All procedures are done at Community Medical Center in Missoula with Missoula-based cardiologists.
Community Medical Center is pleased to announce we are accredited as a Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology (ACC) Accreditation Services. Community Medical Center has demonstrated expertise in quickly assessing, diagnosing and treating patients experiencing chest discomfort or pain, and is one of only three hospitals in Montana to achieve the Chest Pain Center designation (Billings Clinic & St. Vincent are the other two hospitals with this designation).
Know the Signs & Symptoms
Along with regular appointments, watching for the symptoms of heart disease is a big part of staying healthy. The warning signs may not feel like you'd expect. Here are a few common symptoms that can be easy to miss:
- Indigestion: It's an everyday occurrence for some people, but indigestion can also be a warning sign of a heart attack, especially in women. It's often combined with anxiety, unusual sweating, or pain in the jaw, neck, or back.
- Pain or a "Squeezing" Sensation in the Chest: In men, chest pain or discomfort is more likely to appear during physical activity. Women are more likely than men to have chest pain while resting.
- Swollen Legs, Ankles, or Feet: This can be a sign that extra fluid is building up in your body, which may mean that your heart is having trouble pumping blood throughout your body.
- Fatigue: We all get tired at times, and that's normal. But if you find yourself tiring more easily than usual or having extreme tiredness that lasts for days, it may be time to talk to a doctor. Pay particular attention if you notice any tightness in your chest along with the fatigue.
- General Weakness: No one knows your body like you do. If you feel like something is "off" with your health, give your doctor a call. It's always better to be on the safe side when it comes to your heart.
If you are experiencing signs of a heart attack, do not drive, call 9-1-1. Our physicians and staff work closely with EMS to begin monitoring you from the moment EMS arrives. Our staff and physicians are skilled and train regularly to provide fast, life-saving procedures during a cardiac emergency so that you receive care that minimizes damage to the heart.
Take Time to Care for Your Heart
Make your heart health a priority today. Call us to schedule an appointment with a cardiologist.
Call Us (406) 327-4646
About Billings Clinic Heart and Vascular at CMC
Community Medical Center has partnered with Billings Clinic to bring a nationally recognized cardiology program to Western Montana. This partnership takes CMC’s already exceptional heart care to the next level by offering patients in Western Montana easier access to a heart program that provides a high level of cardiac and vascular care. Patients will benefit from having swift access to the latest techniques and technologies that have helped Billings Clinic’s heart and vascular program to achieve some of the nation’s top rankings. We are equipped to treat heart disease patients with the newest technologies. Our physicians and staff are highly skilled so that during a cardiac emergency, we provide fast, life-saving procedures and you receive the best quality care 24 hours a day 7 days a week.