Community Medical Center
Gallagher Board Room
2827 Fort Missoula Rd
Missoula, MT 59804
Date: October 2, 2021
Time: 8:00 am
October 2 & 3
Pediatric Fundamental Critical Care Support (PFCCS) is a two-day comprehensive course addressing fundamental management principles for the first 24 hours of post-resuscitation management of the critically ill pediatric patient until transfer or appropriate critical care consultation can be arranged.
This course will be held over 2 consecutive days, from 8 am to 5 pm.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Community Medical Center will host all course activities, which will be taught by pediatric intensivists from Community Children's, Seattle Children's and The University of Washington, all certified PFCCS instructors through the Society of Critical Care Medicine. A textbook will be provided prior to the course. Please allow enough time to review it beforehand; we suggest at least two months for review. Those attending the course are strongly encouraged to have completed AHA PALS certification prior to the class.
- Prioritize assessment needs for the critically ill or injured infant and child.
- Select appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Identify and respond to significant changes in the unstable pediatric patient.
- Recognize and initiate management of acute life-threatening conditions.
- Determine the need for expert consultation and/or patient transfer and prepare for optimal transfer.
- Hospitalists caring for potentially unstable, critically ill or injured pediatric patients
- Advanced practice nurses and physician assistants with limited pediatric practice
- Rapid response/medical emergency team members
- Emergency medicine physicians who do not routinely care for pediatric patients
- Nurses caring for complex and potentially unstable patients
- Pre-hospital providers with lengthy patient transfer times
- Physicians- $500
- NPs and PAs-$400
- RNs, paramedics, EMTs, RTs - $250
- Resident Physicians-$250
- Community Medical Center employed RNs, paramedics, EMTs, RTs -(Fee Waived)"** To hold a place in this course, we do require a $100 refundable deposit. Refunds will be given upon attendance, with cancellation before Sept 2, or with unavoidable circumstances causing late cancellation.
- Critical Access Hospital employed RNs, paramedics, EMTs, RTs -(Fee Waived) "** To hold a place in this course, we do require a $100 refundable deposit. Refunds will be given upon attendance, with cancellation before Sept 2, or with unavoidable circumstances causing late cancellation.
- http://www.mtpin.org/docs/rCAHFacilityList.pdf (We may ask for proof of employment if deemed necessary.)
Questions? (406) 327-4009