- Physical Therapy & Rehabilation (includes occupational & speech therapy) - (406) 327-4050
- Cardiac Rehabilation (406) 327-4241
- Pediatric Therapies
- Inpatient Rehabilation - (406) 327-4737
If an injury, illness or disability is putting limits on how you live your life, the Rehabilitation Services at Community Medical Center can help. Ours is the oldest rehabilitation program of its kind in Montana. It’s also the most comprehensive, and with the latest technologies, equipment and treatment strategies—along with our highly trained staff—we rank among the top rehabilitation centers in the Northwest. We take the extra step of making it personal. Whether you’re here for a few hours of therapy or staying with us as an inpatient, we take special care to make you feel at home. In fact, you could think of our facility as a medical destination—one dedicated not only to your rehabilitation but also your overall health, well being and peace of mind.
Accredited by CARF
CARF accreditation is a seal of approval confirming that we have met internationally recognized standards, and it is a tool for quality improvement within our organization and improved outcomes for our patients. We're proud to have earned the following CARF accreditations:
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs - Hospital (Adults)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs - Hospital: Brain Injury Specialty Program (Adults)
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs - Hospital: Stroke Specialty Program (Adults)
Patients come to Inpatient Rehabilitation from across the state and from across town here in Missoula for Physical Medicine Rehabilitation. Our nationally recognized experts work as a team to treat people who are recovering from a stroke, head trauma, spinal cord injury or other debilitating condition, giving them the tools to re-enter the world with confidence.
A typical stay with us is just under two weeks. During that time you’ll benefit from cutting-edge therapies in a program designed specifically for you. With each step, you’ll get the support you need to reach and exceed your goals. Patients who no longer need to stay with us may return for day treatment, where they receive similar therapies for a few hours a day. If you need less intensive therapy, one of our therapy programs may be right for you.
To learn more about Inpatient Rehabilitation Services or to make a referral call (406) 327-4737.
Physical Therapy & Rehabilation
Each person’s care is designed for their unique situation, and our range of therapies is exhaustive. Our facility is staffed with a physical medicine and rehabilation physician, physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech/language pathologists.
For example, we help people of all ages—including children—with:
- Physical Therapy - Physical Therapy can improve a wide range of conditions such arthritis pain, injuries, diabetes, birth defects, incontinence, disabilities after a stroke, chronic pain and many more.
- Speech Therapy - Our therapists treat kids and adults with speech, language and swallowing disorders.
- Occupational Therapy - After an injury or stroke, occupational therap can help you recover abilities such as driving, writing, cooking and other everyday skills.
- Cardiac Rehabilation - Exercise and lifestyle changes can lower your cardiovascular risks, especially after a heart attack or heart surgery.
Learn more about the Physical Therapy & Rehabilation at Community Medical Center or call us at (406) 327-4050.
Specialty Clinics and other services
Beyond our core inpatient and outpatient programs, we also offer several specialty clinics. To learn more, choose a link below:
- Dry Needling
- Geriatric Physical Therapy
- Falls Clinic
- Driving Evaluation Clinic
Community Medical Center provides high quality cancer rehabilitation care for patients that experience side effects from cancer or their treatment. We not only care for our patients but also for cancer patients in the Missoula Community and surrounding areas. By providing a more holistic approach to the way we care for patients, we plan to help prevent new primary cases, recurrence of original cancers and other co morbidities through education and promoting physical activity and healthy lifestyle choices. For more information, please call (406) 327-4050.
Our staff of physical and occupational therapists, speech pathologists and dietitians offer comprehensive care – from early screenings and intervention to sophisticated therapy solutions – and have advanced training in areas such as seating and mobility, swallowing disorders and sensory processing disorders. The therapists work collaboratively with patients, their family members, and the integrated medical team to help children of all ages learn, heal and grow during the rehabilitation process.
- Speech Language Pathology
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Adaptive Equipment Clinic
- Hip Surveillance for children with cerebral palsy
Meet our providers and learn more at www.communitychildrens.org or call us at (406) 327-4050.
Peace of mind
It’s normal to feel anxious when your health is at stake. At RIM we work hard to ease your mind. For example, families are welcome to stay in the rooms with their loved ones. They’re also invited to the weekly care conferences. Our transitional-living apartment can give you confidence as your discharge approaches. Families can stay there with their loved one to see what life at home will be like. You can also be assured that if you have a health crisis, you’re just minutes from emergency services at Community—no ambulance ride necessary.
RIM is certified by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. But we’re proudest of the praise that comes from our patients. Some of them come back to thank us and others send cards. One recent patient summed it up as she was discharged. She told our staff, “I wish I could take you all home with me.”
You can find out more about the Rehabilitation Institute of Montana by calling inpatient rehab at 406.327.4165 or outpatient rehab at 406.327.4050
Your multidisciplinary team
The Rehabilitation Institute of Montana is accredited by CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities), and our inpatient programs for brain injury and stroke have received the nation’s top accreditation for quality. An entire team works together to help you meet your goals:
- You — Your personal goals, motivation, participation, and safety are very important for your recovery.
- Your support system — We can help you and your support system adapt to the changes debility may bring through education, social services, psychological counseling, and follow-up care.
- Physiatrist — Your physician who specializes in physical rehabilitation medicine and oversees your treatment plan.
- Certified rehabilitation registered nurse — Provides 24-hour care, education, and training on your condition, medications, and other needs.
- Physical therapist — Helps to increase strength, endurance, range of motion, flexibility, and mobility using safe techniques and strategies.
- Occupational therapist — Explores new techniques to help maximize your independence with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as bathing, grooming, and dressing.
- Speech therapist — Assists with speech, swallowing, memory, cognition, and other needs to maximize safety and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Dietitian — Provides education and meal plans customized to individual dietary needs.
- Social worker — Provides support, discusses available resources and financial coverage, arranges discharge services.
For more in depth information check out these pages below: