The Montana Hospital Association is pleased to announce Community Medical Center is the winner of the association’s 2020 Best Place to Work Award for large hospitals in the state.
The Best Place to Work Award is designed to honor both small and large hospitals as well as non-hospital healthcare organizations that go the extra mile in enhancing employee satisfaction through basic or creative retention strategies. Nominations effectively described improvements that have been made to the work environment, retention efforts currently in place, and how employee work satisfaction has benefited from these improvements. Judging was based on the following criteria:
- Creativity, scope, and implementation of the retention strategy.
- Verifiable outcomes in employee retention.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in raising employee morale through a hospital morale tracking system.
- Potential for applicability in other healthcare organizations.
- Employee references of improved work environment.
“Community Medical Center goes the extra mile to attract and retain high quality healthcare talent. We are pleased to honor them with our 2020 Best Place to Work Award,” said Rich Rasmussen, Montana Hospital Association CEO. “Montana is an amazing state to live, work and raise a family and Community Medical Center is a leader as a great place to work.”
Community Medical Center was recognized for their focus on professional and personal development, continuing education, student loan repayment program and tuition reimbursement for all staff.
“Being recognized as a Great Place to Work is a testament to the commitment all of our employees bring to the hospital and physician offices each day,” said Robert Hamilton, Executive Director of Human Resources at Community Medical Center. “Our staff seek new opportunities to improve their knowledge and training so that they can provide quality care to our patients and we are pleased to assist them in their professional growth.”
2020 Best Place to Work Award nominees were:
- Beartooth Billings Clinic, Red Lodge
- Bozeman Health Big Sky Medical Center, Big Sky
- Community Medical Center, Missoula
- Holy Rosary Healthcare, Miles City
- Immanuel Lutheran Communities, Kalispell
- Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital, Hamilton
- North Valley Hospital, Whitefish
- Roundup Memorial Healthcare, Roundup
- SCL Health Group, Billings
- St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings
- St. James Healthcare, Butte
- St. Luke Community Healthcare, Ronan