Medical and APP (Advance Practice Provider) Students
CMC is committed to providing high quality medical education rotations to students of affiliated schools for required and elective rotations. All rotations are scheduled through the hospital’s Learning & Advancement Center.
A formal affiliation agreement between the school and the facility has to be in place for this program. An affiliation agreement needs to be in place to go forward with a student placement for educational rotations. This can sometimes take some time. Please contact us as soon as possible to ensure an agreement is current and in place well in advance of an educational experience. Please contact MBailey@communitymed.org, (406)327-4585 if you have any questions about an agreement for your school.
Please review the attached documents that include the requirements for doing an educational rotation at Community Medical Center.
APP and Medical Student Instructions:
Montana RN licensure is required for all RN to BSN and graduate level nursing students. The RN may participate in a clinical rotation for up to 30 days if they hold an active licensure in a compact state. Otherwise, the RN needs to apply for a Montana RN license. Clinical experiences may not start until the license is active.
Medical Student / APP Checklist (Print and return)
External CERNER IT Access Form (Print and return)
Background Check/Release Form (Print and return)
Statement of Responsibility and Confidentiality Forms (Print, sign, and return - 2 pages - sign both pages)
Our online regulatory courses are required for all students/residents who complete 160 or more student/resident hours at Community Medical Center. Create your account online. (Department = STUDENT; Job Title = STUDENT). Once you have created your account your required modules will be automatically assigned to you.
- In order to process the badges in a timely fashion and prevent you from having long waiting times, please schedule contact us to schedule an appointment at (406) 327-4585 or email. Upon completion of the clinical year, identification badges must be turned in to the Education Department at Community Medical Center.
The CMS rule requires students/residents to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have obtained an approved medical or religious accommodation
- Review Resident Checklist/Orientation Manual
- Medical Staff Bylaws
- Medical Staff Rules & Regulations
- Fill out School Checklist (Print and return)
- Immunization Form (Print and return)
- Fill out Clinical Placement Tracking Form (Print & Return)
Please include a "letter of good standing" -for all medical students include type of rotation, rotation dates and preceptor. Please include a liability insurance certificate.
- Background Check/Release Form (Print and return)
- Fill out the school portion of the Background Release Form after the student has filled out their portion of the form unless the student is providing a copy of the background check with the release form. The background must include a national sex offender search and an exclusions list check as well as the national criminal background check.https://doj.egovmt.com/choprs/
- Please e-mail a list of all students names for Electronic Medical Records (EMR) / Cerner access and the requested rotation. For EMR questions, at (406) 396-7571.
Medical Staff Services Manager
Community Medical Center
2827 Fort Missoula Rd., Missoula, Montana 59804
P: (406) 327-4585 | F: (406) 327-4502