Student Practicums / Internships (PT, SLP, OT, RN)Call 406.327.4585
Learning & Advancement Center
Community Medical Center 2827 Fort Missoula Road, Missoula, Montana 59804
P: (406) 327-4585 | e-mail
8 am - 4:30 pm
Scan the QR code to access our student microsite. This username and password Username: student1 | Password: learning421 will grant access as a Student Intern. Once registered, you will gain access to exclusive information for upcoming events, student and new grad employment opportunities, mentorship resources and so much more! Let's Keep in Touch
The Student Affiliation Program is a program of study in which the student is currently enrolled in a school sponsored, credit class or program and is seeking a rotation at Community Medical Center. A formal affiliation agreement between the school and the facility has to be in place for this program. Please contact the The Learning & Advancement Center at Community Medical Center via email or call (406) 327-4585 if you have questions about an agreement for your school.
An affiliation agreement needs to be in place to proceed with a student placement for educational rotations. This can sometimes take some time. Contact us as soon as possible to ensure an agreement is current and in place well in advance of an educational experience. This cannot be done by the individual departments and must be approved by the Student Affiliations Department.
Montana RN licensure is required for all RN to BSN and graduate level nursing students. The RN may participate in a clinical rotation for up to 30 days if they hold an active licensure in a compact state. Otherwise, the RN needs to apply for a Montana RN license. Clinical experiences may not start until the license is active.
Paperwork, Documentation and Requirement Information
- Review Student Checklist/Orientation Manual
- Parking Map for Students
- Tobacco Free Policy
- Dress Code Policy
- Fill out Student Checklist (Print and Return)
- Fill out Statement of Responsibility and Confidentiality - 2 forms (Print & Return)
- Our online regulatory courses are required for all students/residents who complete 160 or more student/resident hours at Community Medical Center. Create your account in LifeTalent and your required modules will be automatically assigned. Your department is STUDENT; your job title is STUDENT.
Other Student Forms (nursing students only):
The CMS rule requires students/residents to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have obtained an approved medical or religious accommodation approved by your school
- Immunization Verification Form (Print & Return)
- TB Screening Questionnaire (for returning students) (Print & Return)
- School Checklist (Print and return)
- Student Placement Tracking Form (Print & Return)
- CERNER Access Request Form (Print & Return)
Email Melissa Bailey the completed Student CERNER Access request form for Student Cerner access. Allow two weeks for processing.
- Background Check/Release Form (Print and return)
Fill out the school portion of the Background Release Form after the student has filled out their portion of the form unless the student is providing a copy of the background check with the release form. The background must include a national sex offender search and an exclusions list check as well as the national criminal background check
Fill out the Background Release Form in case we need to obtain a copy of the background check from the school for an audit or submit a copy of the background check with the Background Release Form. In some cases, the school may not provide a background check for students. If this is the case, the student will be responsible for providing a criminal background check along with exclusion list checks from the national sexual offender registry search (https://www.nsopw.gov/ or https://doj.egovmt.com/choprs/) Please check with your school contact to see if this is your responsibility to avoid delays in starting your student experience with Community Medical Center.
- Any documents that need to be filled out (not including the documents that were for review only) will need to be turned in by the student when they receive CMC ID Badge and prior to the start of a rotation. The student must present a state or government issued ID in order to obtain their CMC ID badge.
Any documents that need to be filled out (not including the documents that were for review only) will need to be turned in to The Education Department (located in the basement of Community Medical Center) to receive a hospital ID badge and prior to the start of a rotation. In order to process the badges in a timely fashion and minimize waiting time, schedule an appointment via email or (406) 327-4585. Upon completion of the clinical year, ID badges must be turned in to the Medical Staff Office at Community Medical Center.